Benefits to STEM careers include:
- Higher salary
- Long term opportunities and job growth
- Variety of work - opportunities across all industry sectors
- Creative and innovative work environments
How can you make the transition?
- Demonstrate comfortability with technology and change
- Demonstrate skill with software and/or programming languages
- Highlight communication skills
- Keep business needs in mind that support the technology
- Leverage the experience you already have
Before applying, it may be necessary to learn a few new skills to become a more qualified candidate, but the hard work will pay off in the long run. Consider familiarizing your self with in demand programming languages. Many tools and classes are available online for free of low cost. Small projects and building a portfolio can also help you make the transition more seamlessly.
Good luck on your journey!